1201 E Main St, Santa Maria, CA 93454, USA
phone: +1 805-332-3378
Takes Reservations: No
Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
Accepts Apple Pay: No
Accepts Android Pay: No
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
Parking: Private Lot
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Good for Kids: Yes
Good for Groups: No
Noise Level: Average
Outdoor Seating: No
Has TV: Yes
Waiter Service: No
Gender Neutral Restrooms: Yes
Author: Carole B.
Heading to Santa Maria north on the 101 And as we exited on Main St. We saw the sign for Al Pho, a new restaurant.
We decided to try it for lunch.
We were welcomed very nicely by the staff. The place is small and simple decor but the food was really really good! We both had Pho and it was served nice and hot with a side dish of herbs and jalapeños. We saw others eating huge spring rolls which they said were delicious. We will definitely go back again. I only gave 4 stars because there was lots of traffic noise on the patio. But nice people and great pho.
Author: Melanie S.
I grew up in the LA/OC area and loved the Pho restaurants there. When I moved to the Central Coast, I was deeply saddened that I would have to either drive a max of 3hrs north or south for pho. When my co-worker who knew the owner let me know of this place opening, I was beyond excited. I waited a bit to go because each time I was up to go out to eat they had sold out (per their Facebook page), so when I finally went, I had a 4/5 experience. I've gone about 3 times now since they opened and these are my thoughts...
1. The broth was good, but a little too oily for my preference compared to the pho I have had (in comparison to the homemade and restaurant made that I have had)- it somewhat dulled out the flavor of the broth.
2. Portions are huge. Their menu even says that its a 40oz bowl that you are getting. So the price isn't too bad when I compare just prices to back home if I were to get the larger bowl. Can I politely suggest maybe offering 2 different sizes, with the smaller bowl obviously a bit cheaper? I think it would help with supply and demand that you guys have in the area, and possibly not selling out before closing time.
3. The spring rolls are great. I really like your dipping sauce. Though rather than serve it as 2 large whole rolls, I do suggest that you cut it in half so that there are 4 smaller half rolls on the plate making it easier to eat? I do understand that I could probably request this to be done when I order but I do tend to forget.
4. Size of the dining room... its ok. It feels really cramped in there with 3 large round tables... but there is the small outdoor area too. It gets really warm in there though.
5. Parking... pretty tiny lot especially considering that they have to share it with Starbucks and Subway.
Overall its a good place. I do recommend that one tries it.
Author: Ken K.
Great lunch...had the vegetarian Pho...large bowl with all the fixings... Not too many noodles...excellent flavor...loved the fried tofu... Fast and curtious service... Will be back for more soon!